If you’re not, here’s a little overview of what it’s all about, and I’ll warn you, it may just be too much fun for you to handle:
NaNoWriMo is an annual creative writing project spanning a whole month dedicated to writing. It begins on 1st November and ends on 31st Novemeber. It is coordinated by the non-profit organization The Office of Letters and Light. The project challenges participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel in one month. Of course, you don’t have to do just that. Take myself, for example. The novel I am currently writing will be the novel I work on during this month. Aiming to write 50,000 new words of my novel, of course I’ll need a little warming up.
This is where Camp NaNoWriMo comes in. Camp NaNoWriMo provides the online support, tracking tools, and hard deadline to help you write the rough draft of your novel in one month. 2012 Camp sessions will take place in June and August.
Resources That You May Need:
– FirstWriter is a website with lists of Literary Agents, Book Publishers, Writing Competitions and much, much more.
– NaNoWriMo Resources has lots of resources for you to use including inspiring pep talks from many writers a lot of who are published!
- Create a Plan or Edit, Revise, Finalize That Novel! (diannwrites.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month (anexerciseindiscipline.wordpress.com)
- 3L Publishing Announces the Official Launch of National Novel Writing Month by Releasing Vanity Circus (prweb.com)
- Camp Nanowrimo!? (heatherj22.wordpress.com)
- What Writing Means to Me (viehebdomadaires.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: No Plot? No Problem! (thedarkglobe.wordpress.com)
- A-NaNo-ing we will go! (emilystealeaves.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo 2012 (thedarkglobe.wordpress.com)
- National Poetry Month (dailypost.wordpress.com)