So, you want to start a blog? Well, first things first you need to know that around the face of the internet, there are millions if not hundreds of millions of blogs. Over the last few years, blogs have become extremely popular and the amount of blogs created every day is rising rapidly. You need to let your blog stick out like a sore thumb. Make it different. New. Exciting. Informative. Humorous. Whatever your niche it has to be enjoyable. It has to stand out. Make it bold.
So, what does it take to make a good blog? Today, we’re finding out exactly what it takes. Are you sitting comfortably? Good, now fasten your seatbelts.
- Find a good blogging platform. Finding the right blogging platform for you is vital and luckily there are lots to choose from. Some of the most popular blogging platforms include WordPress (my recommendation), Tumblr, Blogger/GoogleBlogs, Live Journal and Xanga though if you don’t want to use any of them, doing a Google search for blogging platforms should help you out.
- Look and feel. The look and feel of your blog is personal to you. Move around in it, get to know it and customize it. There are millions of templates to choose from all around the internet and if they don’t tickle your fancy, you could always make your own.
- Discover your niche. A niche is the area in which you and others are interested in. For example, a business blog‘s niche would quite simply be ‘business’. Think about what you want to write about, your writing style and what interests you to discover your niche.
- Write good content. Writing good content is essential to start a good blog. Punctuation, vocabulary and spelling is very important particularly if you want to appear professional or are using your blog for business purposes. Writing humorous, informative posts is key to creating entertained and educated visitors that will keep coming back for more. Also, a good tip is to keep your content original, new and fresh. For example, if I were to write about something that has 500,000 results already in Google, it’d be no use unless my content was outstandingly breathtaking. The same goes for writing about something that only returns a few searches per day. The trick is to write about something new that people want to search for but they can’t find many entries for. It can be hard, but isn’t everything?
- The internet is your friend, use it. Social media, the internet in general and other blogs are great ways to promote your blog once the content is published. For tips on how to use the internet to promote your blog (or other products), I recommend reading this post.
I really hope this helps, good luck on your journey to create great blogs that might even go viral. If you have any questions or thoughts or I have missed out vital blogging tips, please leave a comment below. Also, if you’d like to leave me a link to your blog in a comment I hope to do a promotional post in the foreseeable future and so you might just get a little bit of promotion. 😉 Good luck blogging guys!
- The Complete Guide to Blogging for your Business (skyrocketseo.co.uk)
- Creating A News Site to Attract More Blog Traffic (bloggingtips.com)
- The BEST Niche Blogging Advice (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)
- How to Build a Niche Store (vendio.com)
- Why should you blog? (sleeplessinnewcastle.wordpress.com)