I recently had the honour of being awarded by second Liebster Award (read all about my first here and, for a list of other awards I have been lucky enough to receive, click here) by the wonderful Jet over at My Red Shades. Jet is an outstanding writer and her blog has quickly become my favourite.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
(1) Each nominee should link back to the person who nominated them
(2) Answer the 10 questions that your nominator has given you
(3) Nominate 10 other blogs who have less than 200 followers
(4) Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer
(5) Let the nominees know that you have nominated them for the award by going to their blog and notifying them
- What is your all time favourite movie?
This is a really difficult question as I’m a massive movie lover and so it’ll have to be between The Perks of Being A Wallflower, The Outsiders and Billy Elliot.
- What book are you reading now?
I am reading many a book now, the most recent that I’ve started is Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
- What songs are on your playlist recently?
Falling Slowly by The Frames; Babylon by David Gray; Stay by Mayday Parade; Trouble by Coldplay; Iris by Sleeping With Sirens; Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2; Happy Together by The Turtles; Carpe Diem by You Me At Six; Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade; White Blank Page by Mumford and Sons; Don’t You Want Me by The Human League; Asleep by The Smiths; and many, many more.
- What is your favourite band?
That is an absurdly difficult question. I’ll have to answer with You Me At Six, although Mayday Parade, U2, The Smiths and Nirvana shortly follow.
- What is your blog about?
I guess my blog is pretty niche-less (if that can be a word). I blog about anything and everything: my opinionated musings, music, art, writing, global issues, anything.
- What is the best advice you can give to people younger than you?
I’m quite young myself but if I could give one piece of advice is to always stand up for yourself and don’t let anybody push you around; be who are you are and be proud. Look at this guy, he’s proud:
- What do you think of the recent trend of YouTube vlogging?
A lot of it is humorous, a lot of it is educational, and I find it enjoyable to watch although I never seem to have the time to do so.
- Where do you want to live for the rest of your life?
In the UK, for sure. Where, I’m not so sure.
- Where do you want to spend your Spring break or Summer break?
Having fun with my friends and relaxing under the sun whilst eating until we cannot eat for much longer.
- Can you describe yourself in 3 words? If you can, then go on.
- What is your best trait and why?
My best trait? I’m not sure if I even have any good traits, so I’ll leave that up to others to decide.
I always find that nominations are unfair as some blogs don’t get picked or get forgotten. Seeing as I’m not into the art of being unjust, I nominate everyone who bothers to read this. Yes, that means you! Don’t shy away! Come back here and claim your award!
Your ten questions…
- Paste a GIF below that’s bound to make me laugh.
- What is your favourite thing to do in your free time?
- A little self-promotion never did any harm. Do you want to promote any other social networking accounts that you have (eg: tumblr, deviantART, twitter, Facebook page, YouTube ect.)?
- Do you believe in luck? Why/Why not?
- Are you happy with your country’s education system? (Feel free to rant here. Especially all you folks that have a strong despise for Michael Gove – who’s with me?)
- How do you overcome writer’s block (in blogging or in general)?
- One piece of sound advice that you would give anyone to help them through life.
- Did you do anything for April Fools Day? If yes, what was it and was it successful?
- How did/do you cope through exams and exam seasons?
- A short synopsis of your blog, please.
Want an award that’s easy to qualify for? Check this out!